Blasto v. Acans - The faster grower

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little trick is to make some reef roid paste or gel consistancy. Get a dental flushing syringe with the curved plastic tip, cut a little off so you can suck it in and feed each mouth when you have time. Acans are my favorite.
This is exactly what i do. Turn the flow off and feed every mouth. Seems to really make them grow quickly. I have been collecting a bunch that last year and am going to grow a sick acan rock...i hope.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Neither are fast growers. You will be lucky to pop a couple polyps a year. Some wont pop any new ones for years! The great news about this is that you can house multiple species in the same amount of space that you were hoping to fill with one small frag.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just a measure of how many people have clicked "Like" on your posts.
Thanks! I only have 5 so I am not doing to well! haha. I got kicked out of nano reef! Bunch or red necks in a chat room started putting memes on my posts! I had a lot of questions in the beginning and I added some ammonia to my tank when it had slowed its cycle and they got so mad at me because they told me not to! They started putting memes on my posts! Really nasty bunch in there and I told this one girl I would report her if she didn't leave me alone and she said I am reporting you as a spammer, next thing you know I was not allowed to leave posts indefinitely. I reported her after because I had a short window of time and they did nothing so then I reported her as spam and now I dont see her in there. Apparently they dont care if people use bad language, threaten you or whatever just no spam allowed!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I only have 5 so I am not doing to well! haha. I got kicked out of nano reef! Bunch or red necks in a chat room started putting memes on my posts! I had a lot of questions in the beginning and I added some ammonia to my tank when it had slowed its cycle and they got so mad at me because they told me not to! They started putting memes on my posts! Really nasty bunch in there and I told this one girl I would report her if she didn't leave me alone and she said I am reporting you as a spammer, next thing you know I was not allowed to leave posts indefinitely. I reported her after because I had a short window of time and they did nothing so then I reported her as spam and now I dont see her in there. Apparently they dont care if people use bad language, threaten you or whatever just no spam allowed!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for me acans for grow pretty fast. The blastos that i have seem to never really do much and i target feed pretty often.
Maybe they take a while to start growing. I read that it takes a month to acclimate before growth starts. I do see some up under my blasto now so hopefully its on but still no reaction from reef roids or mysis

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blasto frag (Blastomussa wellsi) that started as two heads and now is at 6. This growth has occurred over a 5-month span.

image.jpg

(not my frag, just the same species)

The growth has outpaced my acans considerably. I see growth on all of my Acanthastrea lordhowensis, but nothing like the blasto.

Are blastos considered fast growers? What is the fastest growing acan lord?
Are acan lords smaller? I am not sure what i have one is a rainbow, single large polyp another orange, about the same. I have a credit at unique corals and they call theres microlords, so I am assuming they are small. Its so confusing ordering acans online with the micromussa classification now, so I doubt if I will use my credit for acans and buy locally, shame being I love acans and have a big credit!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back