Blastomussa recovering.

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a "megaman" Blastomussa from WWC about a month ago. Got it for my bosses 90 gallon tank. Looked amazing Thursday and Friday on it's first two days...

Come back from the weekend it looks like this...

Before.jpg

what the heck? I moved it off the sand bed, opposite of the tank on a rock. Been spot feeding it. Here is where it is at a month later...

After.jpg

Now it is starting to come back. I wonder if I didn't acclimate it long enough and it got shocked. It takes food though when I spot feed it.

This happen to you guys? How long did it take for the coral to come back to full strength?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a "megaman" Blastomussa from WWC about a month ago. Got it for my bosses 90 gallon tank. Looked amazing Thursday and Friday on it's first two days...

Come back from the weekend it looks like this...

Before.jpg

what the heck? I moved it off the sand bed, opposite of the tank on a rock. Been spot feeding it. Here is where it is at a month later...

After.jpg

Now it is starting to come back. I wonder if I didn't acclimate it long enough and it got shocked. It takes food though when I spot feed it.

This happen to you guys? How long did it take for the coral to come back to full strength?
Not with blastos, but with other new frags I have seen this happen. Keep the parameters and feeding stable and it looks like it will recover by Christmas. Once these start to be happy and grow they can quickly make you forget that they were ever struggling.

OP
OP
DannoOMG

DannoOMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not with blastos, but with other new frags I have seen this happen. Keep the parameters and feeding stable and it looks like it will recover by Christmas. Once these start to be happy and grow they can quickly make you forget that they were ever struggling.
Thank you for your response.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My blastos, all the ones I have ever kept enjoyed 2 to 3 times meaty feedings per week. Greedy eaters. I did have a heater malfunction years ago. My blastos were almost all gone. Getting water nutrients under control and feedings were crucial to recovery.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 187 71.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back