Blastomussa wellsi or merletti

Rizzle30

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2021
Messages
106
Reaction score
65
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I recently got blastomussa from my lfs and was told it was a blastomussa wellsi but it looks more like a blastomussa merletti to me. Can anyone with more experience tell me which one it is?

Also I noticed yesterday that part of the flesh was folded over on one side of the polyp but it still looks healthy to me. Why could it be doing this

Screenshot_20210616-001534_Gallery.jpg 20210615_230032.jpg
 
Looks like wellsi
 
+1 merletti have much smaller polyps
 
Here's another picture from this morning.
Screenshot_20210616-103713_Gallery.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new