Bleached Anemone and Clownfish!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yuki Rihwa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Yuki Rihwa

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
751
Reaction score
847
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a bleached Sebae (Heteractis malu) and a pair of Percular Clownfish, the symbiosis between them so darn nice to watch but here is the problem. The Sebae is bleached so its pretty much lose a lot of its stickiness on it tentacles and won't hold the food strong enough, every time I feed the Sabae the dumb clownfishs always full the piece of shrimp out of the Sabae mouth...what the heck right?
I saw video of clownfishs feeding the Anemone, and documentary that clownfishs carry food back to the Anemone and feed them but it did not apply to my captive breed clownfishs they are just stupid annoying and stressing out the Sabae more than helping it. After I removed those clownfishs, my Sabea ate its food in a peaceful mode! So should I wait until the Sabea recover then add clownfish back in? Any opinions or advises would be great, thanks in advance.
 
Anyway, I decided to return 2x P. Clownfish back to the store.
Thanks for reading.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new