OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night the small one took a poop. It deflated and was back to normal in a couple hrs. No food so it’s probably expelling old waste. Here are some pics. One from last night the others from today with whites only.

C42C2F1C-2870-4CA7-BCF4-4FE0308DC8D4.jpeg 412CD5A7-DB36-424E-AFC7-841208359C66.jpeg DE6E7606-B1A4-4DCE-AD94-E39ADD970349.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he is regaining brown. Doing good

Thanks. Ill update with pics every other day or so. The severe bleached one acts like a healthy anemone although I have yet to try to feed it. He’s really dug into the rock work.

OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s an update. The first anemone no change. Moved a little when I lowered he flow. It grabbed a piece of food when I fed the fish.

The second anemone is regaining color. I ll have pics soon. The problem is that this anemone has made two trips around my tank now and been sucked to the wavemaker twice. Fortunately I made a mesh cover but still he won’t settle down. I lowered the flow and he still moved. Sometime he moves with his foot and sometimes he releases and floats around. I have him back in there a third time now after wavemaker incidents. Any thoughts??

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find they like to attach their foot into crevices/ holes that are upside down in the rock. Then they stretch their foot out and around. That way even in direct water flow they don’t much as the foot is planted firmly.

OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is an update. Anemone 1 is looking good accepting food staying inflated, etc. Knock on wood. I’ll attach a pic so you can see the difference. Fortunately he settled and didn’t move much from when I first posted.

The second anemone has been sucked to the wavemaker twice. It has a mesh cover so no external damage done. It’s been in one spot for a week now BUT every morning when the lights come on it deflates for half the day then reinflates. When the lights begin to go off though it also deflates. Both times each day it looks like a deflated mess. When it inflated it looks very nice. Mouth tight. Has regained some of its color, still though this twice a day deflation is concerning me. I am not attempting to feed it at all. I don’t have a pic of it Bc currently it’s deflated in the rocks.

5E387E17-1A77-435D-B9E5-3C1887F69FE2.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back