Bleaching/Bleached Acan

  • Thread starter Thread starter blank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
216
Reaction score
36
Location
Northern Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got some Acans from a guy leaving the hobby and they aren't in great condition. From what I read, I just have to keep it in low light, low flow, and stable alk correct? What are the chances of it surviving :/? It has been about a week and the color does seem a bit darker.

Thanks!

1469723483685.jpg
 
As long as there is no tissue loss and they do not get worse, I think they will survive. I would also start spot feeding them to help them recover faster.
 
Oh right, I have been feeding them once a day.... Is that too often? Right now doing a Selcon + Chili + Frenzy mix and mysis every two days. It looks like there was a head or 2 that was lost for the green acan, should I cut that skeleton off?
 
As above, you can see the feeders, feed lightly and leave them where they are as the coloured heads seem fine and the bleached ones are facing away from the light, tough little suckers and they just look bleached to me.
Just give them time.
 
It is going to take some Time to get all the color back.

Feed Them and Keep Alk Stable like you said.

Put them in the Lowest Light you can too.
 
Low light on the edge of the tank and keep it in 1 spot.

I foolishly bleached an acan early in my reefing career and once I put it under the appropriate amount of light it slowly started regaining color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new