Bleaching Old Rock

Prowler66gt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2025
Messages
107
Reaction score
142
Location
South Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished a 7 day bleach of my old rock from about 8 yrs ago. It has been drained of bleach water as of today. I have no local access to dechlorinator so have some ordered to come in by the end of next week. Question is, should I let it sit without water until then and gas off or go ahead and fill with RODI and then drain and refill with new RODI plus the dechlorinator?
 
I don’t think it should matter either way, the bleach should evaporate. I would give it a soak in new RODI before adding it to the tank for abundance of caution, though.
 
I would just air dry it till you get dechlorinator since it will help the bleach gas off until then.
 
Would think that putting it out under the sun will allow the sunlight to breakdown the bleach in a couple of days. Then soak it in some freshwater for a few more days before drying it out. I have done this in the past.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new