OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the flow on the BB? I’ve notice my stylos love flow, at a minimum they like medium flow but when I crank up the flow to higher levels the polyps really stretch out. Hope you can save this one.
It’s location is probably not getting much flow. That’s the next issue I’ll have to work on correcting.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Everything's looking great! And love the skimmer - with the fit it has in the cabinet it's just so perfect. I do wonder how you get the cup off, though....
Just open the drawer. Then there’s about 8 more inches of space. Works out perfectly.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW.... All you Charlotte reefers, they just set up a private forum for our local reefing club for us! I'd love to get some new members! You'd be just in time for the #RASOC holiday party - and I hear there are going to be some pretty amazing raffles being held! @blackbeltmom

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I didn’t. But I actually made a prediction that everything would start turning upside down because it was looking so good. When they all suddenly started growing, I predicted they would change the water chemistry in unpredictable ways. I suspect that’s some of it. For example, It was taking up alk like crazy and I wasn’t keeping up initially. Then I figured it out the correct dosage. Now that it’s slowing down, the alk uptake is significantly less. And I’m having to adjust the dosage again. Lol. I like @Dana Riddle ’s quote that it’s a chess game you’ll eventually lose. Seems pretty accurate. ;Hilarious
Actually I stole that line from Joe Yaiullo, but its veracity rings true!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after being publicly shamed by @Hemmdog, I went and bought these. ;Hilarious This is what I get for asking someone to hold me accountable for keeping up with my tank. now to figure out how these things work.

6A492C58-A287-43DE-A22F-2E8BB09AF371.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bleigh !!!! Good to see you !!!! Hope all is well and Happy holidays !

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after being publicly shamed by @Hemmdog, I went and bought these. ;Hilarious This is what I get for asking someone to hold me accountable for keeping up with my tank. now to figure out how these things work.

Did you not have it yesterday when I was there? I can help, I have 2 of them.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol. Your tank inhabitants will thank you!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you not have it yesterday when I was there? I can help, I have 2 of them.
No. I went by Nemo’s this afternoon and got them. I also got rock to redo the scape! I’ll text you some pictures. I have to make a post once I get the mp’s in.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the mp10’s dry sides is making a racket. So I’ll have to wait uNtil tomorrow to get both of them going.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are not lined up correctly, they will make noise.
The dry side was making the noise. One is totally silent and the other one is super loud. For example, my kid was watching tv when I first turned it on and he turned and looked at me and asked what the sound was. Significantly louder than everything else in the tank combined. I tried to move it around, just in case,but no dice. The other one is completely silent though.

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dry side was making the noise. One is totally silent and the other one is super loud. For example, my kid was watching tv when I first turned it on and he turned and looked at me and asked what the sound was. Significantly louder than everything else in the tank combined. I tried to move it around, just in case,but no dice. The other one is completely silent though.
Sometimes they are not easy to line up. They normally do one of there things if not lined up correctly. Make a lot of vibration noise, jump around from the vibration, or kick off the dry side.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Publicly shamed by @Hemmdog ? That's sad... just very sad. :p

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back