OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of goby? Real live barnacles or just the calcium carbonate deposits they leave behind?

The shell. I don't want any barnacles taking over my tank... lol... It's a diamond goby. I have seen other threads where people do this. Apparently they love the barnacles as cave entrances.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shell. I don't want any barnacles taking over my tank... lol... It's a diamond goby. I have seen other threads where people do this. Apparently they love the barnacles as cave entrances.
Nicee. I’ve seen that done for gobys in the cryptocentrus genus. I didn’t know true sand sifters in the Valenciennea genus liked cave systems. I learn something everyday :)

Javiv3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 8 months. I don't siphon it. I do have nitrates. All that being said, the sand is white. The goby def does his job in that respect.
So I had sand issues when I inherited my 29 bio cube. Super high nitrates, ended up replacing it all, no more nitrates . You can also clean it before transferring to the new tank since it is not that old,put it in a bucket and rinse it till it is no longer cloudy. But I agree your goby should have it pretty clean, if he moves it around. I had 2 and they jumped out! I love those fish!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicee. I’ve seen that done for gobys in the cryptocentrus genus. I didn’t know true sand sifters in the Valenciennea genus like cave systems. I learn something everyday :)

Lol... most may not... but mine is obsessive about it. There's not a rock he doesn't have a cave under. One has to be a 3 x 3 x 2. He even used shells and an urchin carapace as a roof for the areas that were letting in light. I'll have to take a picture in a bit. It's really funny.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s his biggest hidey hole. Not sure if you can see how many shells is covered it with. But I’m pretty sure it’s akin to the elephant graveyard in lion king - but snail flavored/goby style. There’s 3 entrances and it spans 4 rocks.

7C9AF3B9-AE8F-4470-A086-94B1B7B3A6B1.jpeg

408FF4BA-557A-429E-9468-69639C8FDC1D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How Did i know my child dropped something in the tank?

Cause he randomly announced, “don’t worry mom, I didn’t drop anything in the tank”. Obviously.

E5B1E808-4804-4BD2-B3BB-DCC8091D9726.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I think I’m about ready for some lights. If I keep filling, there’s not going to be a place for my current rocks. I’m going to measure the height of the water to get an estimate of the total volume I’ve put in. I was keeping count of the jugs of water at some point, but that got confused along the way.
F0120766-6ABA-439C-B00C-7630C6E535B3.jpeg

And as a bonus, the vertebrate who’s certain the new tank belongs to him. ❤❤❤

D8A86C5E-2DAC-4DF0-AD73-A895A388EA40.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching BRS 52 weeks of reefing. I may get an electrician in. I need another circuit put in for the control system and want to get a light wired for the dining room. I've also been having issues with the outside circuit getting overloaded. Things may need to get split off that. Getting an extra circuit run for the tank seems like a good idea too while getting these other things done too.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching BRS 52 weeks of reefing. I may get an electrician in. I need another circuit put in for the control system and want to get a light wired for the dining room. I've also been having issues with the outside circuit getting overloaded. Things may need to get split off that. Getting an extra circuit run for the tank seems like a good idea too while getting these other things done too.

A dedicated circuit(s) is always a good idea.

That's looking good! Smart move to get an extra circuit, better safe than sorry! :cool:

+1

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Did you get a sump light yet?

I just got it. And it works! I was planning on mounting it behind it and have it overhang the sump. Would it work shinning the light through the acrylic or would that block some of the spectrum?

8DE71A72-2568-4A02-84BC-0D5A4861696A.jpeg

That's looking good! Smart move to get an extra circuit, better safe than sorry! :cool:
A dedicated circuit(s) is always a good idea.

+1

This is the control system for the house that really needs to be on its own circuit, but there’s not a spare spot in the circuit box, which means I need another box. I’ve been lazy about getting it done, but I might as well get it all done in one fail swoop. Kinda glad I’ve procrastinated now.

DA599F81-A0FE-4D0A-A172-8CD2DCB56EAE.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it. And it works! I was planning on mounting it behind it and have it overhang the sump. Would it work shinning the light through the acrylic or would that block some of the spectrum?

8DE71A72-2568-4A02-84BC-0D5A4861696A.jpeg

This is the control system for the house that really needs to be on its own circuit, but there’s not a spare spot in the circuit box, which means I need another box. I’ve been lazy about getting it done, but I might as well get it all done in one fail swoop. Kinda glad I’ve procrastinated now.

DA599F81-A0FE-4D0A-A172-8CD2DCB56EAE.jpeg
What does that control!? That looks legit!

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does that control!? That looks legit!
The whole house. Lol. Tvs, speakers, alarm system, security, cameras, lights, garage, even the fish tank. Lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole house. Lol. Tvs, speakers, alarm system, security, cameras, lights, garage, even the fish tank. Lol
Very fancy. I think I’ve seen one of those running a Dave and Busters! Lol

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! Just got my 60 g from letgo setup and chugging along!

I remember you from the live sale
Hahahahah. I’m surprised anyone remembered me from that. I was kinda low key. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I was going to ask if Drones fly under water but after seeing you home control,,,Does your house Fly?
Lol. The alarm system guy came to set things up. He looked at me, kinda scared like and asked “do you work for the cia or something?” I told him only pro bono. they couldn’t afford my rate. ;)

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very fancy. I think I’ve seen one of those running a Dave and Busters! Lol
Maybe. I’m not sure if that’s control 4 or snap av stuff. I think they both only do residential though, but I may be wrong.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back