10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do we say krösamos phonetically?

I want to pronounce it "CROW-SAM-OSE".

:p:p:p:p:p

Krösdamos is the dialectal word for lingonberry jam in the district of Småland there IKEA start in the fifties. IKEA is an abbreviation for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd. Elmtaryd is a small village in the parish Agunnaryd there the founder Ingvar Kamprad grow up. But my dialect is not from Småland - but this is the way we pronounce Krösamos in Skaraborg between the lakes Vänern and Vättern

Sincerely Lasse

Fishinabarrel

sCiEncE wILl Win
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

:p:p:p:p:p

Krösdamos is the dialectal word for lingonberry jam in the district of Småland there IKEA start in the fifties. IKEA is an abbreviation for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd. Elmtaryd is a small village in the parish Agunnaryd there the founder Ingvar Kamprad grow up. But my dialect is not from Småland - but this is the way we pronounce Krösamos in Skaraborg between the lakes Vänern and Vättern

Sincerely Lasse

Can't get a better example than this !! Thank you.

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did not have meatballs this time. They were too busy and we wanted to be fast. We did get hot dogs and ice cream as we were leaving though.

still working on the cabinet but figured I should post it anyway.

4A2AA313-AE73-4172-970F-496305F76F4D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. About 3 weeks ago my corals started looking bad. Lost a trachy and had a few heads of a hammer bail. My phosphate got to .45. I assumed that was the problem. Sent out an icp test. And looks like I have tin in my tank. Trying to figure out where it’s coming from. Took apart my mp40’s. Someone told me to remove the ceramic shaft to check below it, but that’s easier said than done. Don’t want to force it off if it’s not suppose to come off. Anyone know whether I should force it off?
0AC23A24-DAC2-4E6E-A394-9DB644309087.png

9C90922C-42BA-43B7-A708-502CECC1CAC1.jpeg
9C90922C-42BA-43B7-A708-502CECC1CAC1.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any galvanized conduit clamps holding plumbing? That could be another possible source. Or anything else galvanized. Just a thought.
I can’t think of anything that’s galvanized. Everything I’m using to hold up plumbing and wiring is either 3D printed or plastic. And the strong double sided tape.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check your source water? Perhaps the Tin is making through the RODI somehow? If so, could the Tin levels be higher in the new tank than the others in the house just due to the sheer volume of RODI that went into filling the new tank while the others only received top off?

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check your source water? Perhaps the Tin is making through the RODI somehow? If so, could the Tin levels be higher in the new tank than the others in the house just due to the sheer volume of RODI that went into filling the new tank while the others only received top off?

I just sent off another test of my tank and one for my mixing station. I had the same thought about whether it is coming from the mixing station. Though, I've come up without about 15 potential sources. Process of elimination now.

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt blame anything galvanized...that should be zinc, not tin...tin is common in solder so i'd blame something electrical....this is a stretch but glass can be produced by pouring the molten material onto molten tin so it is self leveling and smooth...but i think if something was leaching off the new glass surface it would have shown up sooner

OP
OP
Bleigh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldnt blame anything galvanized...that should be zinc, not tin...tin is common in solder so i'd blame something electrical....this is a stretch but glass can be produced by pouring the molten material onto molten tin so it is self leveling and smooth...but i think if something was leaching off the new glass surface it would have shown up sooner

Probably. I did add some new pvc when I added my algae scrubber.... I have always bought the colored stuff from brs, but just got it from Home Depot this time..... @Randy Holmes-Farley said that pvc can sometimes leech it.

I have an ICP test coming from ACI too. A friend sent me this, which makes me nervous about the accuracy. Hope things aren't even higher than the test showed.

IMG_7677.JPG

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably. I did add some new pvc when I added my algae scrubber.... I have always bought the colored stuff from brs, but just got it from Home Depot this time..... @Randy Holmes-Farley said that pvc can sometimes leech it.

I have an ICP test coming from ACI too. A friend sent me this, which makes me nervous about the accuracy. Hope things aren't even higher than the test showed.

IMG_7677.JPG

Have you heard anything from Triton ICP Lab? I recently registered with Triton Labs and then bought a Lab Test analysis kit. Now I cant log on. Tried resetting password option but that doesn't work. Reached out to them and have not got a reply. Just wondering?

Edit: Finally able to log on, enter barcode and test is already back. Good luck.

Last edited:

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ran across a thread here about tin that could be of interest...of course i'm technologically amish so i have no idea how to post a link to it....its title was"another triton ICP "high tin" case.....by dr jim may 16 2020....looks like lots of leaching from flexible tubing...randy gives some thought to what levels may be of concern in it too...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back