Blenny disappeared

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought 2 Tangs yesterday and they freaked out my Molly Miller Blenny and the Diamond Goby. Both went into little caves that the goby made and I didn’t see the goby until this morning. He’s acting normal again. I did see the Blenny stick his head out of the hole last night but went back when he got scared. I haven’t seen that Blenny all day today and the hole he was in is now covered by sand. Should I be worried?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Have you fed yet?
They generally come out for feeding. In the mean time as a precautionary, look in the following places to assure it is in the tank:
On the floor
behind the tank
In the sump

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you fed yet?
They generally come out for feeding. In the mean time as a precautionary, look in the following places to assure it is in the tank:
On the floor
behind the tank
In the sump
I have fed, twice. I checked the floor last night and behind tank but nothing. I haven’t check the sump. I’ll all those places now and I’ll let you guys now.

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply. I had to pick up food for the family. I checked around the tank, the overflow box, didn’t check the sump because I have a coarse pre-filter that prevents any large objects from getting into the sump. So I have no idea where it could be. It’ll be unfortunate if it passes because it was the favorite of our family. It has so much personality.

OP
OP
JediCruz

JediCruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news. I found him. He poked his head out another hole tonight. He’s alive. But that Yellow Tang has him spooked. When he swims by, he ducks back into the hole. I hope he gets over it soon so he can eat.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back