Blenny's (Bi-colour VS Tailspot)

If you had to choose only one, which would it be?


  • Total voters
    27

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2020
Messages
331
Reaction score
289
Location
Melbourne, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the 2, which would be more recommended?

I hear the bi-colour isn't always reef safe as it confuses small polyps for algae, but I prefer the its colour over the tailspot.

All advice and experience would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
 
Both are great choices. They will both help with algae control but will go after soft coral. My tail spot went after 1 ginopora and 1 toadstool mushroom. I eventually had to "train" the fish and moved the corals permanent spot away from his home. I keep him happy with nice seaweed supplements and have not had any issues so far. Good luck
 
Both are great choices. They will both help with algae control but will go after soft coral. My tail spot went after 1 ginopora and 1 toadstool mushroom. I eventually had to "train" the fish and moved the corals permanent spot away from his home. I keep him happy with nice seaweed supplements and have not had any issues so far. Good luck
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I guess no choice other than feed seaweed or equivalent.
 
Love my Tailspot
TAILSPOT 1-17-20.jpg
 
I hear the bi-colour isn't always reef safe as it confuses small polyps for algae, but I prefer the its colour over the tailspot.

The behavior should be the same. Get the bicolor if you like it better.
 
I definitely love blennies. I think either will be fine
 
I have both in my 150. I have not noticed them going after polyps, but that could be a lack of vigilance on my part.
I love the colors on the tailspot so it got my vote, mine lives in an old snail shell toward the rear of my tank, the bicolor lives in a rock hole at the top of my reef, love to see him peaking out at his surroundings.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new