Blizzard Clownfish missing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coltpwrs7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coltpwrs7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
35
Location
Worcester County
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, hope everyone is doing well.

Had a quick question, so in the last two days, my two inch high white blizzard clown has gone missing.. completely vanished. Hasn’t come out for 4 feedings now. I’ve looked high and low and can’t find him, only place I haven’t look is inside this ship (see pictures).
What are the chances that he passed away in there? Is it worth pulling the boat out to check? Is it common for clowns to hide I’ve never seen him disappear before.

He was a very pretty fish, deaths happen I understand that but it’s bothering me that I don’t know where he ended up…. Any thoughts?

IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5551.jpeg

Top blue picture was taken tonight just before bed.

Bottom picture was taken about a week ago when I added the ship, you can see the blizzard clown on the right.

IMG_5550.jpeg

Added full tank picture for ***** and giggles.

Thanks!
 
It doesn’t look like it would be too much of a hastle to pull out the ship and look. I’d say if you’re that invested, yes pull it out and look.
Also, do you have a tank lid? He may have jumped. Check behind the tank as well.
 
Tbh I never seen clowns actually hide behind rockwork ime. Even with my hands in the tank they kinda just swim around it.

Maybe he died and his body floated somewhere under the rock? If you have a sump maybe he’s in the overflow compartment? Though it doesn’t look like you have a sump.
 
It doesn’t look like it would be too much of a hastle to pull out the ship and look. I’d say if you’re that invested, yes pull it out and look.
Also, do you have a tank lid? He may have jumped. Check behind the tank as well.
Yes I have 3 piece glass tank lid, no way for anything to get in or out.
 
Tbh I never seen clowns actually hide behind rockwork ime. Even with my hands in the tank they kinda just swim around it.

Maybe he died and his body floated somewhere under the rock? If you have a sump maybe he’s in the overflow compartment? Though it doesn’t look like you have a sump.
I agree that’s why I made the post. I have a 30 gallon sump. Nothing can get into the overflows but I did check anyways.
 
I agree that’s why I made the post. I have a 30 gallon sump. Nothing can get into the overflows but I did check anyways.
Well then he’s most likely still in the tank, possibly dead? Or just hiding for some reason.. I suggest you look into the ship and around the rock work. I hope you find him. :)
 
Well then he’s most likely still in the tank, possibly dead? Or just hiding for some reason.. I suggest you look into the ship and around the rock

Just curious but what is the brand name of this tank?
IMG_5572.jpeg

Whoever this is… tank is drilled in the back two corners.
I didn’t buy the tank new, I got it last year for free. Along with about 6 fish, 100 pounds of live rock, all the water, everything needed to run a fish tank.

When I got home I did redid the pvc piping underneath because I didn’t like how it was when I got it.

IMG_5570.jpeg
IMG_5571.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new