Bloated lawnmower blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter JennyG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JennyG

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20251123_123733_CC750871-AE58-4558-A6E9-2B907A81B856.png
My blennie has been extremely bloated the last few days. No other fish are having a problem. He is still eating and swimming ok. How can I help him?!
 
20251123_123733_CC750871-AE58-4558-A6E9-2B907A81B856.png
My blennie has been extremely bloated the last few days. No other fish are having a problem. He is still eating and swimming ok. How can I help him?!
These fish tend to eat all day and overeat and in essence they are supposed to be plump.
You will see them pound and gnaw on rock for calcium and eat meats which hit the tank. Dont feed for 12 hours and you should see this round ball effect subside
 
Last edited:
20251123_123733_CC750871-AE58-4558-A6E9-2B907A81B856.png
My blennie has been extremely bloated the last few days. No other fish are having a problem. He is still eating and swimming ok. How can I help him?!
Looks like you took a picture of the one in my son’s tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new