Blocks of filter foam

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
2,437
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old Red Sea C-130. There is a block of filter foam in one of the chambers for mechanical filtration. Over time they start falling apart.

I emailed Red Sea the other day to get some more, and they told me that they are discontinued.

I can make them myself, but I don't know where to find the material. I found sheets on Amazon, but they are only 1.5" thick. This block is 4x4x5.

I haven't checked out craft stores. Maybe they would have it, but then I'm worried about leeching.

IMG20251019201343.jpg
 
The first one might work, but it's 3.8," I need 4." It might be a little bit loose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new