Blond Naso Dying

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my blond naso was lying against the glass yesterday morning when I woke up. The day before swimming around perfectly. I saw white spots on it, so did a copper bath, but I dont think the spots were ich, I am unsure what they were. They seem uneven, and I have always seen ich making perfect little spheres. The fish is still alive today, but still lying on it's side. Can I do anything for it?

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP PLEASE! If you can, please help. I dont want to lose my favorite fish.

Here are a couple pics. My good camera got sent in for repairs, so I had to use my cell phone. Sorry, these were the best I can do, I am charging the old digital camera now.

1023091143.jpg

1023091143a.jpg

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed them a really good food that I made myself that contains over 26 great ingredients. They really thrive on it, and it has a ton of garlic in it...and nori.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it come out of nowhere?

You said you just woke up to him being like this...

Was there a major temp swing in your area?

Did you do a water change recently? Change anything, add anything in your system?

Post pics on RC in the "Fish Disease" forum as well, you'll get some quick, good responses there.

OP
OP
downhill_biker

downhill_biker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is a 200g

yes i just woke up to him like this. i was on vacation for a couple weeks. i had seen spots of something white before, but never anything worth worrying about. Temp on tank has stayed stable, checked the log on the controller. pH has been stable. haven't done a water change in 5 months, so no change there. been just dosing kalkwasser once every other day but dont see how that would have stressed this fish out more than the others. he usually eats like a horse and swims around like crazy.

right now i cant see him. he is hiding somewhere. i hope it isn't under the serpent star, but if he is and didnt have the strength to swim away, he wouldn't have had the strength to go through treatment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back