Blonde Naso Tang Stopped Eating

benscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blond naso has been in QT for 4 weeks now. The first week he went through 2 weeks of Chloroquine and was eating ravenously. Then I did a tank transfer and moved him and all the other fish into another QT system and waited 5 days and he was still eating fine and then started Prazi. Immediately stopped eating however all the other fish continued eating just a little less than they had before when they were in the chloroquine. I waited 5 days then did a 25% water change on the system and then dosed again. Then I waited 3 days and did 2 25% water changes in 2 days. All the other fish are pretty much back to normal but he will still not touch nori. He is a full-grown adult with streamers so he has never eaten anything but the nori but now is not eating anything at all. Any tips or tricks to getting him eating again?

OP
OP
B

benscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is still pretty fat for not eating for 10 days but I want to get him healthy as soon as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_4928.jpg
    IMG_4928.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
B

benscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. Tried different seaweed brands and types with no luck but he was all the way through QT already so put him in the DT and seemed he was constipated/depressed due to not having enough swimming room. The day after I put him in he is doing great and eating ravenously again. I guess when I have a fish this size they definitely need to go in a bigger cube for QT.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My blond naso has been in QT for 4 weeks now. The first week he went through 2 weeks of Chloroquine and was eating ravenously. Then I did a tank transfer and moved him and all the other fish into another QT system and waited 5 days and he was still eating fine and then started Prazi. Immediately stopped eating however all the other fish continued eating just a little less than they had before when they were in the chloroquine. I waited 5 days then did a 25% water change on the system and then dosed again. Then I waited 3 days and did 2 25% water changes in 2 days. All the other fish are pretty much back to normal but he will still not touch nori. He is a full-grown adult with streamers so he has never eaten anything but the nori but now is not eating anything at all. Any tips or tricks to getting him eating again?
The prazi treatment should be 7-8 days and water change and one more application for 7-8 days. Also praziquantel does suppress both appetite and oxygen. I am in wonder if this is one of the problematic Sri Lanka versions which eat at first then slowly shut down. Its not confirmed if cyanide caught but may be possible.
With prazi, its advisable to increase oxygen with air stone . If fish was doing well with CP, perhaps take it out of prazi environment.
Is there a reason you switched tanks or was it to provide sterile environment?

itsmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I had the same issue with my Naso tang. I would soak the Moro first, then pull it apart or rub it between my fingers to break it up into tiny thin pieces and he would eat that. He would sometimes go for the seaweed clip but I was worried he wasn’t eating enough so try this way! Any other food he would just swim past

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%

Back