Blood fire shrimp - 1 or 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnny M

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
350
Reaction score
255
Location
Central NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45g DT with lots of rock, caves & a few rocks creating overhangs. I bought 1 medium red fire shrimp last week & he is doing well but hides 90% of the time. Would it be safe to add a second one? The lfs where I bought him from said 50/50 chance they will either get along or fight. I would really like to add another one hoping with 2 they won't be as shy. Comments appreciated.
 
It’s a 50:50.All shrimps are like that, they hide and hangout in shady areas like overhangs.
 
I have a 45g DT with lots of rock, caves & a few rocks creating overhangs. I bought 1 medium red fire shrimp last week & he is doing well but hides 90% of the time. Would it be safe to add a second one? The lfs where I bought him from said 50/50 chance they will either get along or fight. I would really like to add another one hoping with 2 they won't be as shy. Comments appreciated.
I have had 2 fire & 1 skunk in the system at the same time before.. The fire shrimp in my experience hide much more than the skunk cleaners. If your looking for something that'll be out more often id get a skunk cleaner or 2. They also have longer antenna.
 
I have two fire shrimp and a coral band for a year or so now with no issues and all three are always in the open.
 
*UPDATE: bought a 2nd red fire shrimp on March 10 & added to DT. The one already there didn't bother him a bit. Now they're best friends, always together. I wonder if possible I got a male & female?
Ive never had issues with shrimp getting along other than a coral banded that hated the world.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new