Bloo's 48 EXT

Blooish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, it's upgrade day!!

My lady and I decided to take a plung back into this money pit of a hobby and we couldn't be happier. Started out at the start of the year with a fluval 13.5 and then taxes came in... The birth of the 48 gallon EXT by Fijicube caught our eye and is now currently cycling.

Little background. I have been in the hobby for about 15 years give or take a year off here and there due to traveling and such. I have gone from fowlr to full blown 1000 gallon reef tanks between home and working in shops. I feel like I still know nothing about the hobby yet have a head full of information when it comes to teaching my lady. I can't express how nice it is to be with someone who is excited to learn and wants to stop at every shop she sees. Sharing my love for reef tanks with someone brings an excitement and passion that wasn't there before. Anyways enough sappyness.

I'm excited to be back in the hobby and to share our progress, ups, downs, and be part of the community again.
20220307_231644.jpg
20220308_123046.jpg
20220311_211200.jpg
20220320_134822.jpg

OP
OP
Blooish

Blooish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool setup - though I have to ask about the "couch fort" in the first image. Anti-pet barricade? ;)
Haha honestly we are just in an apartment at the moment and it was the best spot to fit the tank. Couches are light so I move them for maintenance. It's not ideal but only temporary!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back