Blotchy hammers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave-T
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dave-T

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2022
Messages
970
Reaction score
506
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fairly large hammer garden. Lately (the last month or two), I’ve noticed that the tentacles on top of the heads are a bit shrunken, and blotchy. On the sides, they are fuller and have the typical hammer shaped tips. Any idea what would cause this? You might think the PAR is too high, but I don’t think it is - it’s 150-190 at the peak. My maintenance guy thinks it could be the UV and violet output by my LEDs. (I’m using GHL Mitras lights).

Thoughts? Here is a pic:

IMG_4817.png
 
I'm surprised none of the helpful people here have piped in. I am going to make one more attempt to bump this thread. If anyone has any ideas about what's going on, please let me know!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new