Blow Pops won’t stay open in evening

gonzo64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a while since I made that post, and I dont remember the exact resolution, but it was right around the time afterward when I upgraded to better lights (Went from Fluval 2.0 to SB Reef Lights) and I believe the zoas were happier. But a few months later I upgraded to a bigger tank and using AI Prime lights. I moved the Blow Pops over to that tank with my other zoas to create garden. Blowpops and all of them were happy. This was about a year ago (see link below). Sunny Ds are taking over the garden now. But to answer your question, I believe better light is what made the blowpops happy.

sorry for the delay..but thanks for the reply..ive tried different things with my lighting as well ,..like just keeping blues on all day ..but soon as it gets 4 hours into they start to close up...kinda wierd..also tried playing with different lighting percentages as well but nothing works..at least for me.....o well.............glad it worked for you tho

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back