!!!BLOWIN OUT SOME DELTEC HOB'S ONLY AT BATTLECORALS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People love their skimmers. No doubt about it. In a market nearly saturated with in sump and external type skimmers the battle for the best is a grueling one indeed. Skimmer loyalty is probably one of the most steadfast elements of this hobby. Especially when it comes to your basic in sump style. Just about everyone believes they have the "best skimmer ever". You all know exactly what I am talking about.

But, hear me out on this one. There is an area in the world of skimmers where the discrepancies are tremendously more vast and stark. That area is the world of the "HOB", or "Hang on skimmer".

I know there are still legions of sump-less reefers out there. And I also know that filtration options are pretty minimal. Among those available, performance is more often so-so to substandard at best. Most hang on skimmers are noisy, messy, barely effective and kind of ugly, (it's true. Realize that HOB's are the only skimmers that aren't hiding in a cabinet out for all to see. Aesthetics is important!)

Kind of a jip considering the limitless options those of us with sumps have. But why should anyone without a sump have to settle for choosing among the few mediocre hang on skimmers out there? Why why why?

Well, the good news is you don't have to settle and the reason is Deltec.

It's no secret that I'm nuts for these skimmers. And when it comes to the TC and SC lines, I am their number 1 fan. But perhaps Deltec’s best kept secrets and most underrated marvels, are their hang on models. I mean it. These things are incredible.

Performance is not compromised in their design at all. The three Deltec hang on models skim with the same level of performance as the rest of the TC and SC line. They are safe, silent, and I mean no sound, as well as efficient and unbelievably compact. And they look good! Sleek and slender and very unobtrusive. Inside and out of the tank.

You won't find a better hang on skimmer period. And as much as I know people love their brands, we can debate some of these higher end skimmers may perform along the same caliber till the end of time. But I truly think we can all safely agree that no other available hang on skimmer on the market comes close to what Deltec HOB can do.

So, to celebrate the Deltec hang on skimmer, and to make them more accessible than ever, I am slashing prices on my remaining inventory to near wholesale numbers while supplies last!

Seriously, now is the time to pick up a Deltec hang on!

Click on pics for more info and feel free to post any questions or comments or thoughts or pics anytime!

The MCE400 for up to 100 gallons but just about perfect on 55 to 75.

The MCE 600 for tanks up to 150 gallons

Last edited:

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I wish I had found this a few weeks ago. The problem I have with HOB skimmers is the threat of overflowing on the floor. I had a Reef Octo HOB 1000, which is an amazing skimmer, but the pump is on the outside with all the plumbing, and mine overflowed about once a month, so I just took it offline and put a Tunze in tank skimmer on the JBJ AIO, but it's not as good a skimmer. I still may have to get the Deltec....

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man, I wish I had found this a few weeks ago. The problem I have with HOB skimmers is the threat of overflowing on the floor. I had a Reef Octo HOB 1000, which is an amazing skimmer, but the pump is on the outside with all the plumbing, and mine overflowed about once a month, so I just took it offline and put a Tunze in tank skimmer on the JBJ AIO, but it's not as good a skimmer. I still may have to get the Deltec....

Yep these guys are flood proof for sure. It's a beautiful thing. You would not be disappointed with the Deltec. I am certain of that.

What size is the tank?

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a JBJ 45 AIO I set up to dedicate to LPS only. I don't need perfect water, but in the time my RO HOB 1000 broke and the time I got the new skimmer on, I could see a difference in the corals; stopped growing for a couple of weeks....

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did i miss something??
How much?

I'm not sure actually. A click on the pics will take you straight to the site with prices and more details info as well.

Let me know if you have any questions at all

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Ladysabertooth2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the mce400 runs for 299.00... hmmm will have to do more research I need a skimmer for my Nuvo 20

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like the mce400 runs for 299.00... hmmm will have to do more research I need a skimmer for my Nuvo 20

I have one left! really Hate to say it but the clock is ticking on these at these prices.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you sell the optional media box for the MCE600. If so, how much is it?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you sell the optional media box for the MCE600. If so, how much is it?

Hi there,

I can get a new one for you no problem,

I actually have one here that is used and you can have it free if you don't mind covering shipping. I have no use for it any more

Ladysabertooth2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww sadly I will have to miss your sale I will be making my purchase with tax return money.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I can get a new one for you no problem,

I actually have one here that is used and you can have it free if you don't mind covering shipping. I have no use for it any more

Thanks. I don't own the skimmer but just ordered the MCE600 from you this morning. Can you include the media box with the skimmer when you ship it out? Really looking forward to the skimmer. I currently have the Aquamaxx HOB that is a cone skimmer. When it works it is really good but it seems to randomly overflow for no reason. Tired of coming home to water dripping out of the skimmer cup onto the floor. Plus it is really loud.

The order is for Doug White.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back