Blue bugs..? Ever seen these before on SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ashr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ave seen these slugs on zoanthids before. They eat the coral and take on the color of the colony they were eating. The ones I have seen took to the certain color of zoanthids and also stayed on colonies. They did not decimating corals though. Seems like they could if let multiply. Flatworm exit worked on them and was part of a dip we put together to help kill them.
 
Those are exactly what I have seen on polyps before.we got great macro shots too but I forget where they are right now.
 
any help on these bugs, have some in my frag tank all over sudden. I tried flat worm exit and nothing. I can coral dip the entire frag tank then change the entire water. it's plumbed in to my main tank but I don't have that issue in the main tank. I can isolate the main tank from frag tank so it doesn't affect. I know the dip works because i tried it on an individual frag.
 
any help on these bugs, have some in my frag tank all over sudden. I tried flat worm exit and nothing. I can coral dip the entire frag tank then change the entire water. it's plumbed in to my main tank but I don't have that issue in the main tank. I can isolate the main tank from frag tank so it doesn't affect. I know the dip works because i tried it on an individual frag.

Post a pic what you are seeing?
what dip are you using? does anything fall off during dips? pics if so?
 
Post a pic what you are seeing?
what dip are you using? does anything fall off during dips? pics if so?

pics are in the first page sorry i just dipped few of the corals so can't take a picture . also saw some eggs that used a tooth brush to get rid of them. used coral rx and they wall off and die they killed bunch of my high end frags so ticked.
 
Try coral dc with a bit of iodine in the dip but be careful.

not sure how to do that. I used flatworm exit didn't help on them. so will be dosing coral rx in my frag tank then do complete water change
 
Yea that’s what I meant, sorry spell check. Try coral rx with a drop or two of iodine in your dip bucket. Gotta be careful with the iodine it can peel acros with too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new