Blue chin Sailfin wrasse Invert compaitable and fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter jadedog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jadedog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Messages
382
Reaction score
206
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I’m picking up a male (pre quarantined) Blue Chin Sailfin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cyanogularis) in a couple of days (around 3" size) and wanted to check in with people who have kept this species before.

My current tank is a Waterbox Marine X 90.3 with the following livestock:
  • Pair of clownfish
  • Banggai cardinal
  • Bicolor blenny
  • Adult cleaner shrimp

I’ve read mixed things online — some say this wrasse is totally reef safe, while others say it can be on the more aggressive side compared to other fairy wrasses. Im mainly worried about my cleaner shrimp safety but im also wondering if I need to watch for aggression towards my fish.

If anyone has experience or tips let me know thank you!
 
I had one. No issues. Wasn’t aggressive in the least. Was actually quite reclusive. Zipped in and out of the rocks and really only showed itself during feeding time.
 
Hey everyone,
I’m picking up a male (pre quarantined) Blue Chin Sailfin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cyanogularis) in a couple of days (around 3" size) and wanted to check in with people who have kept this species before.

My current tank is a Waterbox Marine X 90.3 with the following livestock:
  • Pair of clownfish
  • Banggai cardinal
  • Bicolor blenny
  • Adult cleaner shrimp

I’ve read mixed things online — some say this wrasse is totally reef safe, while others say it can be on the more aggressive side compared to other fairy wrasses. Im mainly worried about my cleaner shrimp safety but im also wondering if I need to watch for aggression towards my fish.

If anyone has experience or tips let me know thank you!
Members of Cirrhilabrus and paracheilinus aka fairy and flasher wrasse are water colomn feeders like anthias, chromis, etc. They are almost always reef safe!
 
Oh
As for aggression to other fish. They are on the more aggressive side for fairys but I find they are only aggressive to similar wrasse. Other fairies and often flasher wrasse.
IMG_5015.png
 
Oh
As for aggression to other fish. They are on the more aggressive side for fairys but I find they are only aggressive to similar wrasse. Other fairies and often flasher wrasse.
IMG_5015.png
Thanks for the info! He will be the only wrasse I plan on having. So I shouldn't worry about my cleaner shrimp then hes my biggest concern!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new