Blue eye tang cloudy eye still

Blade953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted almost 3 weeks ago about my tangs one cloudy eye that looks kind of like a bubble but I can't tell because it constantly picks at the rocks, glass and sand. It hasnt gotten worse and it hasn't improved much besides me being able to see its pupil. When it's good eye is facing me I move my hand at it and its fins flare up, but when I do that on the bad eye it doesn't seem like it notices and may be half blind. What should I do? It's acting normal and it eats every meal. it eats everything I feed the other fish. I don't want to stress it out and it just swims all day and acts healthy and happy.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I posted almost 3 weeks ago about my tangs one cloudy eye that looks kind of like a bubble but I can't tell because it constantly picks at the rocks, glass and sand. It hasnt gotten worse and it hasn't improved much besides me being able to see its pupil. When it's good eye is facing me I move my hand at it and its fins flare up, but when I do that on the bad eye it doesn't seem like it notices and may be half blind. What should I do? It's acting normal and it eats every meal. it eats everything I feed the other fish. I don't want to stress it out and it just swims all day and acts healthy and happy.
It’s likely cateracts and it may be permanent damage to retina
You can try 5 day treatment with Maracyn but have high expectations

OP
OP
B

Blade953

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s likely cateracts and it may be permanent damage to retina
You can try 5 day treatment with Maracyn but have high expectations
Thank you I don't know if it's worth stressing him out. If for some reason it gets worse(at this point I doubt it since it's been so long) I will do what you recommended. Thanks again!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you I don't know if it's worth stressing him out. If for some reason it gets worse(at this point I doubt it since it's been so long) I will do what you recommended. Thanks again!
I have a banggai cardinal with same issue two years and its fine minus the eye issue

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back