Blue Hippo Tang Hiding for 10 days

elp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new small blue hippo tang 8/21/23. it was be hide the rocks hanging out with my cleaner shrimp and eating on Sunday the 22nd. Then it just disappeared. I did see it hiding in the rocks Saturday 8/28/23 but I have seen it since nor is it coming out to eat. I know that they can fit into the smallest holes, but I can not find it it anywhere. I have not moved any of the rocks, but I am starting to get worried. What should I do or is there any thing that I can do?

Tank size: 100 gal
Other tank friends: clown fish ,diamond gobby fish, cleaner shrimp and a sand shifting starfish

Everyone else in the tank seems to be doing great and eating like crazy.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new small blue hippo tang 8/21/23. it was be hide the rocks hanging out with my cleaner shrimp and eating on Sunday the 22nd. Then it just disappeared. I did see it hiding in the rocks Saturday 8/28/23 but I have seen it since nor is it coming out to eat. I know that they can fit into the smallest holes, but I can not find it it anywhere. I have not moved any of the rocks, but I am starting to get worried. What should I do or is there any thing that I can do?

Tank size: 100 gal
Other tank friends: clown fish ,diamond gobby fish, cleaner shrimp and a sand shifting starfish

Everyone else in the tank seems to be doing great and eating like crazy.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

While hepatus tangs do hide a lot when small, they should still come out and eat. Not seeing it at all may mean that it has died and gotten consumed by the clean up crew.

Jay

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back