Blue Hippo w/ick

psycomnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have my blue hippo in QT tank treating with coppersafe and bought hannah copper tester. tank has been at 2.18 ppm for two weeks now. I also have 3 clownfish and a blue chromis still in DT. This is a new 125 gal tank i was starting as a reef tank. OMG first few fish and tang starts scratching. all the other fish seem fine no notable spots on issues. I did have a royal gramma that i noticed scratching a little but lost him i think due to shock... YOUNG KIDS were over visiting and were traumatizing fish (i had a gate up but the little devils got around it and was too late when i noticed them slapping acrylic). anyway my long winded question..... tang in 13.5 EVO tank, got another 14gal cube and 307 fulval can filter set up. should i move tang into new tank (14gal cube) and put the chromis and clowns through copper treatment in QT EVO tank or is it safe to put them in with tang after his treatment is done?, again they are all eating well, no symptoms and seem healthy. want to fallow my 125gal DT for 80 days.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others are carriers of the disease and will pass it to the tang. It'll be in your tank for as long as there are fish in it. Tbh, I know I have ich in my system but I'll never be able to fish everyone out so I've settled for the live with it method over treatment. I feed vitachem & selcon with every frozen feeding, and I also have a UV steralizer on my tank. I did this approximately a year ago when I saw my blue tang with white spots on her, but haven't seen this since.

Back