• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blue Hypnea - shipping available

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hypnea macro is growing out of control. I have approximately 1.5" to 2" sections for $30, including usps priority shipping. Piece won't be attached to anything, but it attaches pretty easily after a week or two. It usually appears grayish after shipping, but it should brighten to a blue or purple color with good lighting and nutrient levels.

20220811_202358.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. I have a few portions left. Shipping out Monday!

Mattyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested. How do you recommend securing in DT? Just glue to rock until it secures on its own?

OP
OP
S

Stephers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested. How do you recommend securing in DT? Just glue to rock until it secures on its own?
I might be out for now. I'm cutting up portions tomorrow to ship out, and I'll see what I have left.
But as far as securing, glue doesn't generally work well for almost any macros. I would probably tie it down with a thread. It attaches very readily in my tank. I even have a large patch that has attached to my plastic overflow box with no trouble.

Mattyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be out for now. I'm cutting up portions tomorrow to ship out, and I'll see what I have left.
But as far as securing, glue doesn't generally work well for almost any macros. I would probably tie it down with a thread. It attaches very readily in my tank. I even have a large patch that has attached to my plastic overflow box with no trouble.
OK, thanks. Keep me in mind when you do have more to ship.

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about now?!
Interested in a cutting, brahdah Matty!
Going in the DT. Send me a DM when available! Much love, Drew

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hypnea macro is growing out of control. I have approximately 1.5" to 2" sections for $30, including usps priority shipping. Piece won't be attached to anything, but it attaches pretty easily after a week or two. It usually appears grayish after shipping, but it should brighten to a blue or purple color with good lighting and nutrient levels.

20220811_202358.jpg
Is this still available?

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this still available?
I have heard nothing here, in a couple months, but I finally got my hands on Blue Hypnea through Etsy. Seller's name was Mosaic Macros. They have a lot of offerings, so a lot to choose from, and prices are great, but just keep in mind that they send you very small cuttings.. more like "frag" sizes..
So, if you have a large DT, I recommend ordering multiples of your desired species, so they can fill out a little quicker.
But, overall, I will definitely order from them again!
Cheers, Drew

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard nothing here, in a couple months, but I finally got my hands on Blue Hypnea through Etsy. Seller's name was Mosaic Macros. They have a lot of offerings, so a lot to choose from, and prices are great, but just keep in mind that they send you very small cuttings.. more like "frag" sizes..
So, if you have a large DT, I recommend ordering multiples of your desired species, so they can fill out a little quicker.
But, overall, I will definitely order from them again!
Cheers, Drew
I did see them on Etsy! But the only thing is they want to charge like $50 in shipping which is a little cray cray to me.

Drewerd7

Dank Tank Club
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see them on Etsy! But the only thing is they want to charge like $50 in shipping which is a little cray cray to me.
I think I was only charged $15.. and this was just last month.. im guessing the reason shipping was so high is because you may have had "corals" in your cart, which require overnight shipping, whereas if you only order macros, shipping can take a couple days without killing them.
I'd recommend going back their Etsy page and just putting in the hypnea, then see what the shipping is.
Anyways, I WISH I COULD SHARE, but mine just got established, and is showing good growth, but it would probably be a few months before I could cut any substantial sample to send.

Also, when you get your hands on it,, DONT use super glue to attach it!
I swear that every part that touched my gel glue died, and so I the pieces on the outside were removed and placed elsewhere in the tank, and they were quick to attach themselves to the rock..
I even have a small patch that attached itself to my glass tank walls! -Drew

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I was only charged $15.. and this was just last month.. im guessing the reason shipping was so high is because you may have had "corals" in your cart, which require overnight shipping, whereas if you only order macros, shipping can take a couple days without killing them.
I'd recommend going back their Etsy page and just putting in the hypnea, then see what the shipping is.
Anyways, I WISH I COULD SHARE, but mine just got established, and is showing good growth, but it would probably be a few months before I could cut any substantial sample to send.

Also, when you get your hands on it,, DONT use super glue to attach it!
I swear that every part that touched my gel glue died, and so I the pieces on the outside were removed and placed elsewhere in the tank, and they were quick to attach themselves to the rock..
I even have a small patch that attached itself to my glass tank walls! -Drew
Ah yeah they’re website says they’re only doing one day shipping for the winter.

yourclownfishisfine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220811_202358.jpg
Very interested! Where in SC and is it still available? Beautiful

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back