Blue knuckle hermit crabs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kehaulani
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kehaulani

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
51
Location
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have these in their tank? I like how they look but was wondering what they eat. I have some green hair algae on some rocks and my blue legged hermits love it so was wondering are the blue knuckle hermits the same? What is different about them?
Thanks in advance
K
 
I've had one for several months. I love it. It seems to just graze. At night when I feed my ricordea and sun polyps, it robs them blind though. I have to physically move it to the opposite end of my tank. So it is definitely a carnivore, if not an omnivore.
 
In loved the one I had, but he was lost in a Bayer insecticide accident. Very good addition to your tank for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new