Blue leg hermit 10 gallon

Thank you sm! Also do you think they’ll eat the mysis that some of my corals drop when eating? Do they eat detritus? Or mainly just algae?
Mine are pigs and eat everything. Even pick at the Toadstool when it sheds.
 
They are BFF
1000006074.jpg
You sure do got a pretty shell...
 
I have coral, does this change anything? Or nah? I’m using this as my only cleaning crew
The Hermits will crawl on corals causing them to Close, but they do not like to eat corals, just the algae on them, some corals will be at a decline when this happens, I never had any die though.
 
I have 3 hermits in my 15 gallon, one emerald crab and one coral banded shrimp.
 
Thank you sm! Also do you think they’ll eat the mysis that some of my corals drop when eating? Do they eat detritus? Or mainly just algae?
Hermit crabs (and other crabs) are omnivores, so they'll eat detritus and algae. They'll likely take mysis or other fish/LPS foods quite happily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new