Blue-lipped bristletooth tang not eating

Thriller2022

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue-lipped bristletooth tang has been in the tank for 2 days now. It has been very active and is always busy picking at the glass and rocks but has not shown any interest in any food I have put in the tank including mysis shrimp, dry hatchery pellets, nori and seaweed pellets. I don't want to clean my glass because I fear it will not get enough food. Any suggestions for things this fish will eat or is picking off the glass and rocks enough for it. It's still small about 2.5 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.MOV
    18.1 MB

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any "Masstick" food? It sticks to the glass or rocks. As the fish starts feeding you can blend other foods into it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My blue-lipped bristletooth tang has been in the tank for 2 days now. It has been very active and is always busy picking at the glass and rocks but has not shown any interest in any food I have put in the tank including mysis shrimp, dry hatchery pellets, nori and seaweed pellets. I don't want to clean my glass because I fear it will not get enough food. Any suggestions for things this fish will eat or is picking off the glass and rocks enough for it. It's still small about 2.5 inches.

The fish is a little thin. Did you ask to see it eat- If not, do so in the future.
How did you acclimate the fish and for how long? While this may not be an acclimation issue, introduction does play a role.
Are you able to get live brine shrimp ? If not, try frozen brine but Do not overfeed in attemp to get it to eat. Lower light intensity slightly and assure nitrate, and salinity not elevated.
Assure water temp between 77 and 79, not warmer or colder.
What other foods:
LRS fish frenzy
Formula 2 flake and frozen
small plankton

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe dry baby brine shrimp? You could also Google what they eat in the wild (i.e. macroalgae, film algae, etc.) and try to get close to it. Maybe consider ocean nutrition red seaweed (everything in my tank eats it and I have very few algaevore). You could also try dried seaweed like the two little fishes kind (not nori). Every fish I've owned liked ocean nutrition prime reef flakes

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back