Vacation tang feed

Brianciske

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on 3 week vacation. Bought auto fish feeder to feed pellet food. My bristletooth tang only eats frozen spirulina shrimp and ignores flakes and pellets. Also ignores norie algae strips. Does pick on the fine fuzzy algae on the rockwork. My other damsels and clown do eat everything I offer. Should I try to feed nothing else for awhile to entice the tang to eat pellets.

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on 3 week vacation. Bought auto fish feeder to feed pellet food. My bristletooth tang only eats frozen spirulina shrimp and ignores flakes and pellets. Also ignores norie algae strips. Does pick on the fine fuzzy algae on the rockwork. My other damsels and clown do eat everything I offer. Should I try to feed nothing else for awhile to entice the tang to eat pellets.
I went on a 2-week vacation recently with a purple tang in my tank who only liked his seaweed clip. I started about a month out before I left only feeding pellets and he gradually started eating them and now takes them no problem. Your tang will eventually realize that it needs to eat the flakes/pellets.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back