Vacation tang feed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brianciske
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brianciske

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Lac Du Flambeau
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on 3 week vacation. Bought auto fish feeder to feed pellet food. My bristletooth tang only eats frozen spirulina shrimp and ignores flakes and pellets. Also ignores norie algae strips. Does pick on the fine fuzzy algae on the rockwork. My other damsels and clown do eat everything I offer. Should I try to feed nothing else for awhile to entice the tang to eat pellets.
 
Going on 3 week vacation. Bought auto fish feeder to feed pellet food. My bristletooth tang only eats frozen spirulina shrimp and ignores flakes and pellets. Also ignores norie algae strips. Does pick on the fine fuzzy algae on the rockwork. My other damsels and clown do eat everything I offer. Should I try to feed nothing else for awhile to entice the tang to eat pellets.
I went on a 2-week vacation recently with a purple tang in my tank who only liked his seaweed clip. I started about a month out before I left only feeding pellets and he gradually started eating them and now takes them no problem. Your tang will eventually realize that it needs to eat the flakes/pellets.
 
My bristletooth would just eat mysis shrimp other than peck at the rocks. Took him a while but will now eat the nori after the Blue Tang rips off pieces and they float around. But what I found he does love to eat are the algae wafers. Maybe try those. Can put them in the auto feeder.
Amazon product ASIN B00025Z6K2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new