Blue live rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter marktea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The purple is coralline algae, the blue looks cool though. Frag me a piece, haah?
 
I'm getting some purple hermit shells, if a blue one pops up id be happy to send the shell haha
 
Hey guys. I'm new to the salt game. I started my nano with one large live rock and one small. Large is various shades of blue and a little purple and violet and red on some areas. I actually never thought anything of the blue rock until today. I looked on line and I can't really find anything. Can some one tell my why my rock is this way?
3caeae34b3f73b28428c2473a2782b10.png



My live rock is also starting to turn blue so your not alone. I have no clue why
20220529_111301.jpg
 
It’s not man made. It’s real blue coralline algae. My son just bought some live rock from a guy that’s breaking down his tank says he’s too busy to care for it anymore. Long story short he got a big rock with blue coralline algae. Lots of purple & pink rock too but the blue was beautiful. You can tell it’s not painted
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new