Blue Marine auto top off.

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Aqua medic peristaltic top off was becoming a hassle. One way valves, greased tubes, and that clacking noise every few minutes as it fills 20cc's. My nearest local dealer had the Blue Marine brand, same as the new Aqua Medic topper offer but a few clams cheaper. It's to easy! I like it. It's so quiet. Blue Marine! Same stuff, better price. I'm going to start looking at brands other than top names. There are many quality devices that do the job just as well for less money.
Mark

shadesatsetbreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the autoaqua ATO lite. The regular ato from autoaqua is about fifty percent more expensive than the lite version, the only difference being that the regular version doesn't have a dual sensor, but does have an audio alarm.
It was an easy decision for me, as I'd rather have a second sensor vs an auditory alarm. And I like spending less!
For those wondering the autoaqua dual and the xp aqua duetto are the same unit. Check out the autoaqua lite for all the same features minus the alarm, but at fraction of the cost. I went with autoaqua versus xpaqua because autoaqua seems to have other products that might interest me in the future like their check outlets and the auto water changer. Xpaqua only produces the duetto, which leads me to believe it's just some generic Chinese brand knock off. I'm sure the autoaqua is a Chinese knock off brand too, but the xpaqua looks like the knock off of the knock off. That's like getting a toy at Taco Bell and calling it a happy meal toy. They both suck, but one sucks more than the other.
Looking back on it, I should have just gotten another tunze Osmolator. I got the autoaqua because it supposedly fits rimmed aquariums without any real modifications. This is kinda true, although I worry about the magnet not being strong enough to hold the sensor in place.

OP
OP
Mark Novack

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take the lite too. I'm in my aquarium daily and top off is only 30 liters so it needs filling every 2 or 3 days. I guess I'm the second sensor!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back