OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. Watch that ledge it's on if it falls try to place it flat. Don't stress, the clam looks great.
Thanks. It looks so much better from the top because its bright blue from the top. Now, im just worrying about lights. If anyone has anyone suggestions for lights (75 gallons) it helps! Thank you again DSC reef!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 48w tank? You could do 2 or 3 16" or 2 24's . Some folks use one 32in.

Do those come with the mounts in the picture ?
A lot of BBs come with a kinda ugly mount set up.

And you do have to promise to get the $15 lux meter so you can set your lights and acclimate the tank.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 48w tank? You could do 2 or 3 16" or 2 24's . Some folks use one 32in.

Do those come with the mounts in the picture ?
A lot of BBs come with a kinda ugly mount set up.

And you do have to promise to get the $15 lux meter so you can set your lights and acclimate the tank.
I will lol
I would rather get 1 32in. Would that work?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did the clam still stay on same spot?
My small gold maxima stayed on the rock work and didn't bother to move anywhere, while my Derasa walked everywhere in the sand bed LOL It's now seem stay at same spot after I placed a small rock underneath it shell and it starting produce the thread to get a hold onto the rock, I'm not sure if I'm imagination with my eyes cause I'm seeing a margin of new shell growth on the Derasa :)

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did the clam still stay on same spot?
My small gold maxima stayed on the rock work and didn't bother to move anywhere, while my Derasa walked everywhere in the sand bed LOL It's now seem stay at same spot after I placed a small rock underneath it shell and it starting produce the thread to get a hold onto the rock, I'm not sure if I'm imagination with my eyes cause I'm seeing a margin of new shell growth on the Derasa :)
It attached to the rock (Not fully). It did move a little bit since last night but its on there. I applied a small amount of pressure and fanned some water to make sure it was on there and it didnt budge. The top parts of the shell are white, is that normal? The actual clam is NOT white, just the top parts of the shell.

OP
OP
savetheocean

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfectly normal, it's new shell growth. Try not to intervene to much unless it falls. It's tough, I know! Lol
I am getting the new lights too! I think I am going to order tomorrow and install over the weekend. I am going to get one 32 inch LED.
https://www.amazon.com/Programmable...&qid=1507766485&sr=1-1&keywords=Radion+Lights

Good to know that white shell is normal, thanks! I did add a little bit of reef roids to the tank last night just in case, I didnt know if that would help until I got the strong lights.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back