Blue Mushrooms after shipping

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a blue mushroom online and as expected the coral was closed up and pale looking. What was interesting is that a few pieces of it fell off in the shipping bag and looked like no sign of life so I dumped it in with my bucket of old water from my WC to dispose later. I was pretty busy the next 2 days but I came to find that the little mushroom piece that sat in the bucket was alive and thriving now. I know this is how they naturally reproduce but I'm curious as to why my main frag blue shroom in my DT with good params is still looking ticked off meanwhile the tiny chunk that could (which I assume to be a genetic copy from the frag) kept in far less than ideal params is fully extended and thriving. I immediately put the tiny guy in my DT but found it very interesting the bucket water was around 65F for 48 hours maybe cold water/no light speeds up their propagation? Idk

20201031_141850.jpg
20201031_141857.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also a quick question is it bad that I have the blue mushroom and another small rhodi in the same jar while trying to get them to reattach or is that too close for comfort for these corals? The jar is twice the diameter of your average shot glass. I didn't have any mesh on hand so I put a small rock on top with gaps allowing for flow and lighting to get through.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back