Blue Ocean ref hob tweek questions

Seattlguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 that I am combining 2 -13 Nanos into. I am pretty basic in my collection so far; mainly rock flowers, decent couple handfuls of liverock, hitchhiker feather dusters, 1 clown, 2 masked goby, and random cleaners.
I have an in-tank skimmer and the hob as my filters for new tank. Have Chaeto for ref so far. Extended arm on intake so it sits a couple inches closer to bottom of tank (have a power head at midrange to keep stuff moving).
Other than the "sleeve" on the powered to hob, and the chaeto, what should I do/add with the hob?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 45 that I am combining 2 -13 Nanos into. I am pretty basic in my collection so far; mainly rock flowers, decent couple handfuls of liverock, hitchhiker feather dusters, 1 clown, 2 masked goby, and random cleaners.
I have an in-tank skimmer and the hob as my filters for new tank. Have Chaeto for ref so far. Extended arm on intake so it sits a couple inches closer to bottom of tank (have a power head at midrange to keep stuff moving).
Other than the "sleeve" on the powered to hob, and the chaeto, what should I do/add with the hob?
some carbon would be a safe and useful addition.

middave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted something that I did and it does really help with algae control, I cut some of that plastic mess to fit where the water returns from the HOB, the water flows over the plastic and the mesh grows algae, since its at the back, you do not see the algae, and kind of acts as a turf scrubber, I clean it off about ever 2 weeks or so works good for me the only issue is sometimes a chuck of algae comes off when i clean it and it goes in the tank, them I have to catch the chuck in the tank

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back