Blue pipefish fighting?

RaymondsWorlddd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
213
Reaction score
87
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I ordered these two from seahorsesavvy woth the request for a male and female because they will be going into the same tank. I’ve had them for about two weeks now and they have been fine until now when I woke up and saw them potentially fighting?

I’m not sure if this is them fighting or their elaborate courtship dance.

I’m emailing seahorsesavvy but because it is the weekend, I don’t think they’ll see it today.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1501.mov
    25 MB
Hi, cannot see video, a male will have flatter belly/bottom , best to separate if doing damage to each other
 
They’re so small I can’t tell sexes. But they were getting along so well. Should I separate?
They may be sorting things out but I would keep an eye for any real aggression. If it gets worse or doesn't stop I would separate. Maybe you can separate them with an egg crate from home depot
 
prob too small for eggcrate , but plastic hobby cloth would work ,or even a floating bowl w top and slits if no box is available
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new