Blue reef chromis

anthony blake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I bought this blue reef chromis a few weeks back and have been dosing metroplex in my qt tank, just wondering if this chromis is showing signs of uronema under his eye, thank you for your response.

Attachments

• IMG_5283.mov
    85 MB
  • IMG_5283.mov
    85 MB
OP
OP
A

anthony blake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I bought this blue reef chromis a few weeks back and have been dosing metroplex in my qt tank, just wondering if this chromis is showing signs of uronema under his eye, thank you for your response.
image.jpg
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
While i see a blemish, it does not look like/seem to be. I highly dont advise use of metro unless its a must as it has to be dosed precisely at .5 gram by weight and it makes the food if applied to taste bitter.
If you are looking to be proactive and use something in the form of preventative measure, i highly recommend Ruby rally pro which is reef safe.
How long has this blemish been there and has it progressed or remained the same?

OP
OP
A

anthony blake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While i see a blemish, it does not look like/seem to be. I highly dont advise use of metro unless its a must as it has to be dosed precisely at .5 gram by weight and it makes the food if applied to taste bitter.
If you are looking to be proactive and use something in the form of preventative measure, i highly recommend Ruby rally pro which is reef safe.
How long has this blemish been there and has it progressed or remained the same?
I’ll look into getting some ruby rally pro this weekend, I got this fish from Harry’s marine a few weeks ago and noticed it has had that sore since I got him in the tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ll look into getting some ruby rally pro this weekend, I got this fish from Harry’s marine a few weeks ago and noticed it has had that sore since I got him in the tank.
Good news is if it were uronema , it would have made progress on the fish as its an opportunistic parasite. My suspect is injury/blemish from netting.

OP
OP
A

anthony blake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news is if it were uronema , it would have made progress on the fish as its an opportunistic parasite. My suspect is injury/blemish from netting.
Thank you! The only other thing I can think of is ammonia burn as I had to drive home 2 hours to get him in the tank

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen Uronema in blue reef chromis. Their supply chain doesn’t seem to support those infections.

The water looks a bit murky - blue reef chromis require very clear water with no ammonia or particulates. I see some of the cloudiness is due to micro bubbles and those are ok.

Metronidazole in the water is not a very effective quarantine process. I only use it dosed orally in the food at 1% for specific internal protozoan issues. Copper/prazi quarantine is more effective.

OP
OP
A

anthony blake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen Uronema in blue reef chromis. Their supply chain doesn’t seem to support those infections.

The water looks a bit murky - blue reef chromis require very clear water with no ammonia or particulates. I see some of the cloudiness is due to micro bubbles and those are ok.

Metronidazole in the water is not a very effective quarantine process. I only use it dosed orally in the food at 1% for specific internal protozoan issues. Copper/prazi quarantine is more effective.
Thank you for your response, I’ve used prazi pro for the two weeks since I’ve had the blue reef chromis, I’m going to observe the next 2 weeks to see if the blemish goes away or if it spreads, in the future i will use the metro as a food instead of dosing it in the water

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back