Blue SPS pale

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a side note .... I've brought out my MH light fixture and planning to "bake" my acro island (for much more intense colour up) whereas the rest would still be lit up by the ATI T5Ho fixture. :D

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, thanks for the help. I never read the package details. Just the element makeup. Ill grab the flourine

Incidentally one of my lfs recommended the Kalium and upon reading the description & picture of a Red sps, I went online to AquaForest site to do more research and lo behold ... Fluorine with picture of a Blue sps ;) . Jackpot!!! :D

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use hydra26hd fixtures and am very heavy on the blue. My Oregon tort is a glowing electric blue. 350-400 par.

I dose a drop of lugols once a week in my Red Sea reefer 170. My ICP test also showed very low iodine. My zoas started to grow after dosing lugols, but that’s all I noticed.

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a month... I upped my potassium with brightwell potassium. And did 3 weeks of dosing fluorine and kalium. I noticed no change in any SPS.

The only blues that colored back up were ones that I moved into less light. I trimmed my acro colonies and moved some frags into what I consider low light areas. They are the dark blue I'm looking for.

I don't know what the issue is. My PAR can't be that high. I remember about 300-350 with a meter. It may be my low nutrients paling them out with moderate PAR

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people expect these products and elements to change the color of their corals as they are. It's going to affect growing coral in the new growth. Not really going to affect colors on frags or colonies that are sitting idle with no new growth. If a coral isn't growing then people should leave it alone until it starts. Then decide if the colors shown are what your looking for.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of people expect these products and elements to change the color of their corals as they are. It's going to affect growing coral in the new growth. Not really going to affect colors on frags or colonies that are sitting idle with no new growth. If a coral isn't growing then people should leave it alone until it starts. Then decide if the colors shown are what your looking for.
Are you saying these elements don't affect color? The growth in this tank is good so that's not an issue

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They affect coral health which can affect color. A tank that's fed normally might not read an iodine reading but it is getting iodine to the corals.
Metals and micro elements can help or change color.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like using kalium and flourine from aquaforest, the potassium is to keep the corals healthy and the flourine is to lighten the pigments in the new growth to make the colors brighter and lighter. Most of these color products are made for low nutrient tanks and won't show much difference in tanks with decent nitrate and phosphate readings.
Micro e will make the base colors shine more, especially green, and give a shimmer to the color. The copper in it can lighten some colors but not too much if used as directed. Their energy suppliment is better at this.

benha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures you could share fishfinder? Curious to see how they look ;]

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...sorry that I am in late. To summarize, you have never changed water, but done some ICP and purchased and dosed some supplements and have not seen any difference? Perhaps this is too basic, but you could have changed 200 gallons of water for the price of that ICP test and could have been assured that all of your parameters were in check.

No carbon dosing, GFO or the like? If so, then stop or cut back.

If the tank is more than a year old, then look lights. It is nearly always lights if you have a mature tank and do not strip building blocks with chemicals or additives. What kind do you have? ...if T5, then which bulbs?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back