OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan. If it's iodine or potassium you should see an improvement sooner than later. Don't raise potassium more than 10 a day just to be safe. To much will burn your corals tips first.

Thanks, good advice. Ive never had to dose potassium. Sooner as in a few weeks? If the dosing doesnt work I have a few coral+ bulbs i could swap the blue+ out for

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote something a while back about this article. It was mostly about how it is misleading and most of it not really true, the parts that are helpful pertain to mostly uln tanks. The fact they use a green digi as a representative of yellow coral says it all. Not sure what they did to make it look yellow but I know it wasn't what they suggest to do in the article. Probably just camera tricks.
Blue imo will need a good light with the right spectrum. 10k halide bulbs are the best at bringing out solid blues in new growth.
The part I'm interested in was the general information on elements to coral color. We all have opinions and the pictures of the corals in article are of no concern, they look shopped. Just trying to point a friend in the right direction.

Last edited:

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, good advice. Ive never had to dose potassium. Sooner as in a few weeks? If the dosing doesnt work I have a few coral+ bulbs i could swap the blue+ out for
I would hold off on changing your spectrum. All 20k on our reef tank and blues were never a problem in corals. Start with dosing elements and wait a few months before touching the lights.

Ledreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8cc15ce1224074e6097002d89d33c7f3.jpeg

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol thats the same exact picture. again with no words. hahaha my colors look good, im happy. just trying to touch the blues up a bit. You have to come over soon!! And you need to get that tank set up. I have tons of stuff for you!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol thats the same exact picture. again with no words. hahaha my colors look good, im happy. just trying to touch the blues up a bit. You have to come over soon!! And you need to get that tank set up. I have tons of stuff for you!
We are looking forward to it bud! I will see if @Lovemyreef2015 is up to taking pics;)

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to work on making a new view down box. I got glue all over mine making some frags. Maybe i can find the pieces to do that tomorrow

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested to see how the iodine dosing goes. My icp has low iodine and also strontium but I found threads where randy was saying it was pointless to dose so I haven’t. If you guys get good results I may try.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im already using the iodium. I can pick up the flourine too, it wont hurt. I thought i would need the kalium for the potassium?

Both Kalium & Fluorine have potassium but Fluorine is the best for Blues. The description on the front of the packaging details it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back