Blue Sq arrived Gray

rbraunberger

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
678
Reaction score
461
Location
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I ordered a Blue Squamosa clam from liveaquaria, and when it arrived the mantle was gray in coloration. Is this due to the stress of shipping? Is there anything I could do to help the clam? Thanks!
 
Here are Picts

image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 
Pretty clam but some of the experiences I've had with them is the same problem but with corals

I know skinz has had some of the same results with them on clams in the past
 
Looks like a beautiful, healthy clam. I would question the original picture in this case, or different lighting.
 
Ya. I am running Radion Pros

Just from the photo it looks very yellow/white. The clam next to it doesn't look to have too much color either. Try something in the 14k-20k setting and see how it looks.
 
Looks like it had some blue suppliment lights on it.

Dis they have it advertised as a blue squammy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new