Blue squamosa

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisv.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I tried two a few months apart. Both died, despite having other clams doing fine...
 
I wonder if this was the issue across the board.

Thanks for the great books btw.
You're welcome :) That was a few years ago, and "rumor" was that none of them lived long. I'd imagine if they did, we'd still be seeing them for sale...
 
Purchased from Austin aqua farms; it was about 1”. (Not sure if it was aquacultured)
8FCEFAC1-2EE1-4A4A-8A91-2CA79AF776B1.jpeg
 
You're welcome :) That was a few years ago, and "rumor" was that none of them lived long. I'd imagine if they did, we'd still be seeing them for sale...
Some of the ones that were for sale in that wave looked...different. Many didn't have the same striated pattern we often see. Any idea if they were hybrids of some sort?
 
My little corcea from Biota has been really great for me. It will never be a big as a squamosa but it is very vibrant. Turquoise from the top, then blue from a 45, and purple/violet at 90 degrees.

When I first got it, about an 1.5 inches.
Screenshot_20220228-160604_Photos.jpg
Feb this year.
Screenshot_20220625-171753_Gallery.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new