OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to hatch baby brine shrimp for my pipe just could not keep the pod population up
[/QUOTEi have a refugium and have been seeding my tank with pods and feeding my tank way more dose of phytoplankton to help feed them. But I have brine eggs waiting to when I’m ready

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason seahorses & pipefish are less prone to parasites. I used to think it was because they were scaleless, but that quality doesn't seem to help puffers with Ich/velvet.

I actually was talking to a PA this morning and asked how they QT their ponies. Apparently they tolerate Copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate quite well :eek:: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/diy-copper-med.364112/

The guy I talked to also said they are more likely to find Ich/velvet trophonts inside their gills than on the skin.
Thank you! That’s very interesting! I use seachem cupramine in my qt. But never thought of that.

matchmakersmagic

Seahorse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper + seahorse/pipefish can work but I use it as a last resort. I would definitely fw dip at the very least and put in quarantine. Pods and hatched enriched baby brine shrimp would get them thru QT without starving. Good luck if you decide to risk it.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi how old is tank ,other pipes ,horses ,fish? if just for pipes fw dip acclimate put in tank,...feed lol

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper + seahorse/pipefish can work but I use it as a last resort. I would definitely fw dip at the very least and put in quarantine. Pods and hatched enriched baby brine shrimp would get them thru QT without starving. Good luck if you decide to risk it.
Will pods survive in copper? Like if I add daily. I want a pipefish when my big tank is up. Or since I probably have disease already, did not qt any fish as I didn't know any better when I started, maybe find a good healthy specimen and do a qt for observation.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back