Blue tang tank size

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 5 in a 72x24x24 but am finishing up the instal of an 84x30 footprint tank now to move them onto. Mine all do well in the 180. I have zero aggression and really don't have one that acts dominant but I'm probably just lucky. Mine swim all day but it's just leisurely around the tank they don't pace back and forth looking nervous like I have seen some fish do. I don't know if fish that get fed less act nervous or aggressive? Mine are fatties and get fed multiple times a day. At least 5 or 6 times a day so maybe that keeps them calm I dunno. Most of the time they're just following me back and forth hoping for treats. My naso the largest, I've had about 8 years and she is 8 or 9 inches.
Thats cool they dont seem to have a pecking order! Mine do. They have all been acting out since my old purple died a few weeks ago, but looks like the powder brown is king of the tank now. He paces the whole tank like he is on a stroll but also like he is patrolling to keep the other tangs in line! Lol. Tangs are funny fish

DVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blue tang in a 6ft 150...after a couple years and some growth it started to become super aggressive because it outgrew the tank. I had to sell it back to my LFS - so you can start out in a 6ft but eventually its better in a 8ft tank at least.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back