Blue Tang With Ich

tnm_ka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 80 gal Mixed reef with 70% being SPS and a few fish with one being a Blue Tang that has a small amount of ich however, i dont have another tank since i used my QT for Clownfish breeding and i have no clue how to help the fish with ich in the main tank. I have been feeding my fish with a mix of nori, Brine, and mysis with a little bit of Garlic Guard. I also raised the temperature of my tank and increased feeding amounts. Is there anything else i can do to help my fish more with ich without dosing copper or anything harmful to corals?

Last edited:

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed fresh food, use a uv, keep tank low stress,

Not sure what carbon dosing has to do with ich?

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will see the white spots come and then go. When they go it doesn’t mean you don’t have ich anymore. What you’re seeing is the lifecycle. You only see the white dots at the stage of ich lifecycle when they’re leaving the fish. If you have ich you have ich. Not a death sentence if the fishes immune system is strong. Have had ich for years. Haven’t lost a fish to it for years. As a matter of fact haven’t lost a fish since I stopped trying to treat and qt, and instead concentrated on diet. Look into member PaulB and what he promotes. Keep calm and reef on

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back