Blue tube worm

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lives on the stalk of one of my torches

20220131_193700.jpg
 
Looks like the end of a sea cucumber
Should be safe but need to see the rest of it
Most cucumbers eat detritus and other milk in the tank
 
Looks like the end of a sea cucumber
Should be safe but need to see the rest of it
Most cucumbers eat detritus and other milk in the tank
I did think cucumber but now I can see the calciferous tube behind it was easier to id.
I guess the wings are still growing

Not a photo of the worm in my tank. Reference only
1643670191736.png
 
Last edited:
Ooh- with clearer photo, this is no cucumber.
Black hawaiin feather duster
 
From afar there just a blur but up close they really are beautiful ^_^
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new