Blue velvet nudi?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
1,034
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20260711_020008_B6626270-C11A-485F-96A8-3738B69ECD43.png


20260711_020008_DAF55B35-F7BF-412F-B0EE-E46498C14001.png

Can anyone help Id this slug. It’s pretty much all black with two faint white dots on the back. The only thing I can find close enough is the blue velvet but I don’t see much blue. Only comes out at dark and slowly starts to go into hiding when I turn the lights on
 
20260711_020008_B6626270-C11A-485F-96A8-3738B69ECD43.png


20260711_020008_DAF55B35-F7BF-412F-B0EE-E46498C14001.png

Can anyone help Id this slug. It’s pretty much all black with two faint white dots on the back. The only thing I can find close enough is the blue velvet but I don’t see much blue. Only comes out at dark and slowly starts to go into hiding when I turn the lights on
If you take a picture under white lights it would be easier to ID. It's doubtful that it's a nudibranch if it's been living in the tank for a while. The majority of nudibranch species quickly starve to death in captivity. The fact that it only comes out at night also makes me tend to doubt it's a nudibranch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new