• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Blueberry Miyagi Tort Colony for sale- $400 shipped

Item Price
$400 shipped
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had this coral for well over 15 years now, and it's a unique teal blue... had a whoopsie frag and this colony knocked off of my massive colony... this piece is 4" tall by 4 1/2" wide and is beautifully formed and has one perfect mounting point to become an instant colony... $275 shipped UPS Next Day Air. I've been selling SPS frags for over 20 years now and have 100% feedback and you'll see my name tied to many pieces through the years.

Fun fact- John Nguyen was a local club member here in the DC area in the early 2000s with us old timers... he had the third TOTM ever on RC in 2002. We jokingly called him "Mr. miyagi" out of respect as he could really grow coral and would trim his colonies like Mr. Miyagi with his bonsai trees. He got a colony of a purple "tort" (more likely Acropora austera) early on and it was dubbed the "Miyagi tort" after him. Reefer Madness (old timers will remember this legendary vendor!) then started calling these imported wild colonies "miyagi torts" and now the name is ubiquitous. This colony below is one of those imported colonies I got wild that is the same species in a different, and more unique, color form, that I dubbed the "Blueberry miyagi".

Thanks,

Copps

Colony for sale...

pBK0spK.jpg

Colony from in my 1300 gallon display...

rlvNYXe.jpg

And my shot from years ago that best shows the colors...

GeHHuGv.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

copps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Merry Christmas all! I have this mounted and fully encrusted massive colony of my blueberry miyagi tort described above... this piece is 6" wide by nearly 6" tall and will be shipped very heavy... $400 shipped UPS Next Day Air.
zGbPFwm.jpg

Thanks,

Copps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back