Bobbit worm

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a long time ago I posted about a bobbit worm in my tank and people wanted a picture. This worm has been in my tanks for about 10 years or so. I have no idea how big it is now, but it was probably about 12 inches seven years ago. I transferred it from a 75 gallon tank that is now my sump for the 430 gallon tank. Anyways, it has never bothered any fish that I know of and eats only algae. Today I was cleaning my glass with a razor blade. The glass near the sand bed was thick as I am lazy. Mr. bobbit (Ms?) would come out of it's hole and grab a big chunck of sliced off algae and suck it down like a vacuum cleaner. I made a short video of it taking a tiny piece after watching for awhile. Hope the video works.

Attachments

• bobbit.mp4
    67.6 MB

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equally disgusting and fascinating! Have you lost anything to that guy?

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes nice one to ;)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a long time ago I posted about a bobbit worm in my tank and people wanted a picture. This worm has been in my tanks for about 10 years or so. I have no idea how big it is now, but it was probably about 12 inches seven years ago. I transferred it from a 75 gallon tank that is now my sump for the 430 gallon tank. Anyways, it has never bothered any fish that I know of and eats only algae. Today I was cleaning my glass with a razor blade. The glass near the sand bed was thick as I am lazy. Mr. bobbit (Ms?) would come out of it's hole and grab a big chunck of sliced off algae and suck it down like a vacuum cleaner. I made a short video of it taking a tiny piece after watching for awhile. Hope the video works.
How much for the shipping ? I'm not joking.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I can’t see the video grrr I wanted to!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe you could load it to YouTube?

I really wanna see this for some strange reason

OP
OP
mtfish

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for the shipping ? I'm not joking.
No way! This guy has been part of my system forever it seems. He will move his hole around the tank so I never know where to look for him. It is strong, too. He has grabbed frags, corals and even a 3.5 inch clam to cover his hole.

OP
OP
mtfish

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equally disgusting and fascinating! Have you lost anything to that guy?
I am guessing 10 years. Seven in the current tank and not really sure on the last one. Never even saw in the small tank.

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! This guy has been part of my system forever it seems. He will move his hole around the tank so I never know where to look for him. It is strong, too. He has grabbed frags, corals and even a 3.5 inch clam to cover his hole.
You have to choose download to view it.
I think I would be scared to put my hand in my tank if I had him lol

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't do it.

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the video, but it also gives me the shivers. Surely a beast of that size is capable of snatching the fish that swam into view.
Glad the giant ones are exinct, fossils over a metre long!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back